Don't Get Me Started!!

I bought a bracelet in April 2010, while in Borrego Springs, California, it is turquoise and copper and I thought afterwards, "I could have made that". It is a beautiful bracelet and I still love it, but now I am making beautiful pieces.



Please email me jlw@telus.net if you are interested in a piece, I would be so pleased to hear from you!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Pouncing Rain


Pouncing Rain is in Bellingham, Washington and is a Jewelry School and Lab. I went there last weekend for a 3 day course doing things I have not yet done and made this very large broach, suitable for keeping a shawl wrapped around you! The new techniqes were cutting metal out from within a piece of metal with a jeweler's saw, soldering with acetylane torches and the other new thing was soldering a bezel around a stone. I was a great class and intensive. We also made a bracelet, a narrow copper with embilishments soldered on. I really enjoyed it as I could read how to do things forever but seeing and doing makes all the difference. Thanks Judi Gauthier, you are a great teacher!

No comments: